Monday, March 12, 2007

Week 9

Oh man...it is already Week 9! Time is pressing hard on me! Use case video, technology plan and ultimately business plan!! Oh my God! However, I really enjoy this module unlike my Economics module which doesn't simulate my thinking while in the class. Well, my school is still running in a typical type of Singapore education system! Come on! we should be moving on to Education 2.0 phenomenon! There are so many web 2.0 sites for the lecturers or students as the new learning platform and I personnally like the Slideshare where user can upload and browsed other people's slides. A very good form of information sharing! Erm...the design is simple and easy to use! Well, there is a website that collates many web 2.0 sites that targeted at education. Click here if you want to know more.

Design...hmm that's the core topic of the lecture! It is extremely important. I believe all of us have bad experience of buying products that are very hard to use and make you very frustrated! Although the product is using very advance technology, people might not want to use it because it is not easy to use. Therefore, commercial value drops. I think Apple Ipod and Creative MP3 players cases are very good illustration on the portable MP3 market. Creative is the one that invented portable MP3 player but it is actually Apple that created a shock in the market. Why? it is because of design. The circular motion controlled by the thumb makes music scrolling easier as compared to other portable MP3 players. Oh man...Steve Job is an Icon!

When we talk about designing the product, we talk about drafting of use case. Well, I'm sort of doing my use case (this is the first time I'm doing! Guys, remember? I'm Economics student!) Hmm...manage to get some templates over the web and I've done some modification here and there. It was a bit hard initially but after some time, just get used to it. In fact, i learnt that use case can actually help you to think through how the operation should go rather than just an idea. At least, it starts to simulate me to think much more than the marketing point of view. For my uDrive travel service, we start to make some changes here and there so that it can help us to solve some internal problems that intially we didn't think of. Guys, i also found some people actually produce a use case video for their product(See youtube ). After you watch it, can someone tell me what's the difference between use case video and proof-of-concept video?

That's all for the day! I feel tired. Before I end this, just want to share some findings with you guys. All the while, we have been talking about application of web 2.0 like business 2.0, real estate 2.0 and health 2.0. I found this article over the web. To my surprise, even US military intelligence goes for Web 2.0! Guys, for your reference click here.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yoz! I've left some comments in some of your previous posts. Have seen your video too! Pai seh lately no time to read blogs from friends. But I'm glad I did for yours. Very inspiring! You have definitely improved much over the course of one year. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and ideas over the web with your friends. =) And yup, one impt thing I learnt from your blog is that whatever I wanna excel in I must depend on myself, not on HSS! - Shang May

cellprof said...

Agree with Shang May, you share some very good insights, and the Education 2.0 concept is worth exploring- what would /could it be, aside from our little MB362 experiment?

Neo 梁威武 said...

I just want to relate how our life is closely related to technology. Personally, I think it is very important because I view the society as a system with many exogenous and endogenous variables that are closely linked to one another and this system is changing due to the change in the variables. Erm...some people think it does matter, well some don't. However, one thing I am certain if you choose to stick to old system, you will not improve and your level of achievement can only reach that far.

Anonymous said...

hello from melb! Nothing like good'ol blogsurfing to kpo ex-classmates. (: