Saturday, March 31, 2007

Finally Presentation Soon!

Guys, sorry for not been updating my blogs for sometime. Busy with assignment and projects! However, I did manage to squeeze some time to go for NEXUS 2007 at NTUC building. I'm going to say this loud..."It was GREAT!" The event was very informal and the speakers are COOL! They talk about Web 2.0, future of the web and how disruptive the web can be in the media industry. The one that impressed me the most is Nathan Torkington.

Nat Torkington comes from O’Reilly, the very company that coined the term “Web 2.0″. Since 1978, O’Reilly has been a catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on technology trends that really matter and in turn spurring their adoption. Nat is a long time pioneer in the technology space, having chaired the O’Reilly Open Source Convention and other O’Reilly conferences for over a decade. He co-wrote the best-selling Perl Cookbook and was one of the founding O’Reilly Radar bloggers. Few people are as plugged in as he is to the Web and the open source community. Want to listen to his talk on WEB 2.0? Go to Web 2.0 podcast

BM362 module is coming to the end soon and we have to go for our final showdown on coming this Thursday. This module is really useful. Minor in Entrepreneurship has changed my mindsets about setting up business and teaches me how to think-out-of-the-box but it is purely generating of crazy ideas but BM362 is slightly different. Beside coming out with crazy ideas, Prof Lee shared with us his deep thoughts and experience. He imparted us on how to think in a logical manner yet it is still daring and creative! Strategic mindset and presentation skills are the attributes that I'm weak in but Prof Lee has taught us well in this aspect. Lastly, I need to say this to Prof Lee. I can't believe that such a veteran person can know much more on new mobile technology development than youngsters like us! I feel that it is time for me to learn to be more tech-savvy. I don't want to lose to an old man. Opps! I hope I didn't offend any of my visitors by using the word "old"! Haha!

Jokes aside... Need to concentrate on the biz plan presentation. Btw, my dear friends, if you happen to be reading my blog now, I will be having my presentation on coming Thursday (5 April), 4.30pm at SA IT Lab 2. There will a lot of wireless application biz plan presentation on that day, i believee you can get to see some innovative ideas and learn something from there. Most importantly, come and support Neo! Thank you!

No comments: