Thursday, February 22, 2007

Week 6

Wish all of you a happy Chinese New Year. Yeah..Thank god. This week, there is no need to do any presentation preparation. Haha...However, we need to do one business case for the ASEAN Food Safety Initiative using wireless infrastructure. Hmm…initially, don’t feel any excitement on doing business case maybe because I have did once during Entrepreneurship minor. However, this time is slightly different.

What I did during minor was more like preparing another report that illustrated the business strategies and pin point all the mistakes made by the company (the business case I did for minor was Hour Glass Watch) which everything was already spelled out in the report given. However, what is given in BM362 is more analytical and requires more thinking processes in other do the reporting because you need to be sharp to pin point the possible problems in the organization. I think it is a better form of training as compared to Entrepreneurship minor perhaps I will feedback this to Nanyang Technopreneurship Centre (NTC) to adopt this teaching method to the subsequent batch of Entrepreneurship Minor students. At the same time, I learn that through business case studies, it will train me to be a sharper person.

Under the encouragement of Prof Lee, I took part in Citibank Business Case Competition organized by SMU. I joined KANIKA’s group for this competition. While it is a good experience...The last meeting was very intensive discussion in fact, right now I am doing business case discussion now. Haha...Oh... I have to say this…the team is very dynamic and motivated...Let’s do our best and give SMU a hard time.

P.S. Any master of his craft knows that it is not his oponent he is fighting. It is himself.

1 comment:

cellprof said...

Hi, Neo
Happy to see you on this Citi team- see if you can apply not only what you learn in this subject, but other business courses.